Zumba Classes in Maryland
Are you looking for a stress-relieving workout that’s fun at the same time? Zumba® is a great stress-reliever that provides a workout for the whole body! At Dance Makers, our instructors are licensed, certified, and trained in toning, basic Zumba. We also offer Zumba customized for older adults and novice exercisers.
Ready to give Zumba a try? Call us at (301) 276-0881 or contact us online to get started!
What is Zumba?
Zumba is a contagious blend of Latin, R&B and pop dance styles plus international rhythms that fuses fitness, entertainment, and culture. An exhilarating dance-party workout that blends upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, Zumba provides effective, total-body workouts.
A calorie-burning and body-energizing experience, Zumba started in the late 1980s by Alberto “Beto” Perez in Cali, Columbia and has spread to six continents. It has established credibility with the American Council of Exercise, the Aerobic Fitness Association of America, and the IDEA Health and Fitness Association.
Zumba classes offer a high-intensity cardiovascular workout that lasts 50 minutes to an hour.
Want to see if our Zumba class is right for you? Call us at (301) 276-0881 or contact us online to schedule a free trial class at our dance studio in Lanham, MD!
Is Zumba a Good Workout?
Zumba is a great workout for your whole body! From head and shoulder rolls that loosen up the neck and warm up the upper body, to footwork that strengthens and stretches calves and ankles, this fitness method touches on nearly every muscle and joint. Hips and abs receive particular attention in the Latin dance style.
Why Take a Zumba Class at Our Maryland Dance Studio?
When you take a Zumba class, you get a well-rounded workout experience that’s fun at the same time! At a Zumba class, you’ll find:
- It’s a total body workout — Zumba provides a total body toning routine along with a heart-pumping aerobic workout. It’s a way to get toned, benefit the heart, and burn calories all at the same time
- It’s upbeat and fun — The music is lively and the mood is incredibly upbeat in a Zumba exercise class. Time goes by quickly because the dance routines are anything but boring. Most people look forward to coming to class—and so they keep coming—and seeing results
- It’s a great stress reliever — Zumba dance routines are all about releasing your inhibitions and losing yourself in the movements. Some people who attend Zumba classes say it’s better than therapy!
- It’s a form of interval training — Zumba incorporates the principles of interval training into every workout by using alternating fast and slow sequences to vary the intensity. An hour spent in a Zumba class can burn as many as 800 calories!
- It tones the abdominals — Many of the Zumba Latin, R&B, and Pop dance style moves are a great way to work the core abdominal muscles—the girdle of muscles that gives the pelvis its strength. This means firmer abdominals and a lower risk of back pain.
Interested in a Zumba class at our Lanham, MD dance studio? Call us at (301) 731-0003 or contact us online to get started!
Our Zumba Classes in Maryland
In true Zumba fashion, all of Dance Makers’ Zumba classes are Latin, R&B, and Pop dance styles, and there is no large learning curve. New participants receive small-scale steps rehearsals before some longer dances. However, in most cases, first-timers can simply jump right into a class and follow along with our instructor. Our instructors are licensed, certified, and trained in toning, basic Zumba, and Zumba customized for older adults and novice exercisers.
Sign Up for a Zumba Free Trial Class at Our Lanham, MD Dance Studio
Contact us today to sign up for our adult Zumba classes. Our dance studio in Lanham, MD, is only a short drive from Washington, DC, Prince George’s County, and eastern Montgomery County!
Call us at (301) 731-0003 or fill out a contact form to get started!