Dance Classes in Calverton, MD
Whether you’re an adult looking for a fun, physical activity or a parent that wants to find a way for their child to learn how to express themselves, dance can meet all of these needs. Here at Dance Makers, we provide a variety of different types of dance classes in the hopes that you’ll be able to find something that suits your or your child’s unique interests. The following are some of the dance classes that we offer here at Dance Makers in Calverton, MD:
- Ballet Dance Classes – Ballet is not only one of the more traditional forms of dance, it’s also the foundation for all other types of dance. Our ballet classes will teach grace, poise, and technique. By taking ballet classes, students will increase their coordination, their flexibility, their confidence, their body awareness, their discipline, and much more.
- Hip Hop Dance Classes – Hip-hop dancing is all about learning how to loosen up, improving your rhythm, and learning how to control isolated movements. Our hip-hop dance classes are particularly popular amongst kids who want to keep up with all the latest dance moves and music. Taking hip-hop dance classes will help to improve cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, stamina, confidence, work ethic, and more.
- Jazz Dance Classes – Jazz dance classes focus on stretches, footwork, improvisation, syncopation, and isolated movements. Our Jazz dance classes expose students to hip-hop, theatrical jazz, and contemporary funk. Taking our jazz dance classes will help improve body awareness, strength, flexibility, concentration, rhythm, creativity, and more.
- Lyrical Dance Classes – Lyrical dance classes allow for the most amount of personal expression out of all types of dancing. It’s a fusion of fluid jazz, classical ballet, and performance-based contemporary styles. Not only do our lyrical dance classes focus on teaching learned and practiced movements, they also encourage improvisational skills. This style of dancing is particularly enjoyable for students with a love of music, especially as they become more advanced and they are encouraged to express the lyrics of accompanying songs through motion.
- Tap Dance Classes – Tap dancing is unique in that students learn how to dance in a way in which their feet become percussive instruments. Introductory classes focus on tumbling, some ballet, and basic tap dancing movements. Some of the skills that students will learn and improve upon include rhythm, cooperation, listening, body awareness, and self-confidence.
- KinderDanz – Our KinderDanz classes are specifically designed for younger children aged three and four. We implement ballet, tap dancing, and tumbling into these classes. Not only do our KinderDanz classes help teach preschool aged kids how to work together and learn individual dance moves, they also help develop their interest in dance, preparing them for more advanced classes.
This is just a sample of the types of dance classes that we offer in Calverton, MD. For more information about our dance classes or to enroll in one of our dance classes today, be sure to contact us by visiting us online at Dance Makers or by calling (301) 731-0003.