Dance Classes in New Carrollton, MD
If there’s one thing that almost every culture has shared throughout time, it’s dance. If you’re looking for something that your kids can do to help promote physical activity (or to get them out of the house) and they happen to enjoy dance or music, then enrolling them in one of our dance classes in New Carrollton, MD can be a great option. In fact, we also offer dance classes for adults in case you’re looking for a physical activity to participate in that’s both fun and a workout.
Our instructors here at Dance Makers are all professionally trained and have extensive experience with many different types of dance. If you enroll your kids in one of our dance classes, you can be confident in our ability to not only teach your children how to dance, but that they will be taught in a safe and enjoyable environment.
How Dances Classes Benefit Kids
Besides the fact that dancing is fun, there are many benefits to enrolling a child into one of our dance classes for kids here in New Carrollton, MD. The following are just a few of the benefits that your kids will enjoy as a result of learning to dance:
- The release of energy – Let’s be honest—kids have a lot of energy. The physical aspect of dancing allows them to release a lot of the boundless energy that they have.
- Self-confidence – Learning new dance skills and improving their abilities can have a big impact on a child’s confidence, which will translate to other areas of their lives.
- Physical strength, balance, and coordination – Dancing can help improve strength, balance, and coordination, which can help improve their ability to play sports and can reduce physical injuries.
- Cooperation – Children will learn how to do choreographed dances with their classmates, thereby teaching cooperation.
- Creative expression – Dance is one of the most popular forms of self-expression.
We take children as young as three into our classes because we understand that teaching children how to dance at a young age improves their ability to learn more advanced skills as they grow older.
Our Dance Classes in New Carrollton, MD
The following are some of the dance classes that we have available here in New Carrollton, MD. We offer dance classes for both children and adults. They include:
- Kinderdanz – We offer two levels of Kinderdanz classes, which help teach the fundamentals of dance to younger children, including tap, tumbling, and ballet.
- Ballet – Ballet classes focus on teaching technique and help develop grace and poise.
- Hip-hop – We offer hip-hop classes for both children and adults.
- Jazz and Lyrical Dance – Jazz dance classes incorporate contemporary funk, hip-hop, and jazz, while lyrical dance is the next stage of progression.
- Tap dance – Tap dancing helps to teach rhythm and an ear for music.
- Zumba – Zumba classes are aerobic adult dance classes.
Contact Dance Makers in New Carrollton, MD Today
For information about our dance classes in New Carrollton, MD, be sure to contact us at Dance Makers today.