Summer Dance Camp Near Silver Spring, MD
Summer is a time of rest and rejuvenation, a season of families enjoying each other without the hustle and bustle of the rest of the year. You might have a vacation planned, a list of home improvement to-dos or a garden that needs regular tending. From a child’s point-of-view, summer equals freedom– freedom from school, schedules and homework. While the freedom of summer can be intoxicating, many parents are concerned about how their child will fill the endless hours of long summer days.
Summer dance camp from Dance Makers, what we call our One Step Forward Summer Camp, can help give your child a unique and enriching experience this summer. Your child will learn a number of dance styles, life skills, and experience weekly fun-filled field trips.
Give your child a safe, fun, and productive summer experience with our One Step Forward Summer Camp. Contact us today to learn more or enroll!
About Our Silver Spring, MD Area Summer Dance Camp
Our summer dance camp is designed for children age 5-13 in the Silver Spring, MD area. One Step Forward Summer Camp primarily focuses on enhancing the performer’s creativity and skill which may which may include:
- Camp Hours – 9:00AM – 3:30PM
- Before Care Hours – 6:30AM – 9:00AM
- Aftercare Hours – 3:30PM – 6:00PM
Summer Dance Camp Benefits
Summer dance camps offer a bit of structure to a child’s day while still promoting fun for kids. Summer dance programs can be a positive influence on your child in many ways.
- Accepting Environment: Learning dance can be intimidating for some kids who might feel like they aren’t coordinated enough or “good” enough in some other way. Summer dance camp instructors create a welcoming environment where every child can thrive and feel accepted. Children learn to take risks and feel proud of their accomplishments.
- Goal Setting: Lazy days without much to do are okay in moderation, but summer dance camp will ensure your child still feels motivated to accomplish something this summer. Whether your child is just beginning to learn a new style of dance or has a lot of experience, she will set specific goals for herself in dance camp.
- Friendly Competition: The biggest goal of summer dance programs is to welcome and encourage all kids to participate in fun activities. However, if your child is craving a little competition, he can have it. Many summer dance camps offer a chance to be on a competitive team that competes against other summer dance program teams. If competition makes your child uneasy, he can just have fun learning new techniques in the classroom environment.
- Freedom of Expression: Dance is about expressing your emotions, connecting with your body and learning to move fluently. Children wrestle with many emotions, feelings and obstacles as they grow up and dance can help them cope. Summer dance camp will teach your child positive methods of dealing with stress, working with others and coping with negative and positive emotions.
Summer dance programs offer many positive benefits for any child. Consider enrolling your child today to give her an experience filled with learning, laughing, growing and pride. Learning new dance techniques might grow into a lifelong passion for dance or plant the seed for future accomplishments in another area. Either way, you can rest assured that your child is growing into a healthy, happy, confident young adult.
Register For Our Silver Spring, MD Area Summer Dance Program Today
We can see it clearly already. We see it every summer, as countless children in the Washington metropolitan region experience all that One Step Forward’s Summer Camp offers.