Totz Town in the Greater Washington, DC Metro Area
Dance Classes for 18-Month-Olds to 2-Year-Olds
Our Totz Town program consists of two different types of young children’s creative movement classes, designed for toddlers from the ages of 18 months to 2 years old. Since the art of dance is a nonverbal activity, tiny toddlers can shine and succeed, in floor tumbling and dance, well before their oral communication skills emerge.
Now is the ideal time to set the foundation for a healthy future. Not only is your toddler achieving physical and emotional milestones, but he or she is soaking up these new experiences like a sponge. Totz Town kids dance and tumbling classes in Maryland are a wonderful way to get your little ones started with fun, basic movement in a small group setting. These enjoyable and age-appropriate young children’s dance classes are great preparation for our KinderDanz pre-school dance classes.
Let your toddler get out some of their energy with Totz Town. Call (301) 731-0003 or contact Dance Makers online today!
This pre-tumbling class offers fun, positive interaction for toddlers. With movements focused on floor tumbling, toddlers begin to develop balance and coordination. In the children’s tumbling class, tiny dance students gain social exposure and build confidence. It’s also a wonderful way to get their energy out!
In our small-group class, led by an experienced teacher, tots follow along with age-appropriate tumbling and creative movements. Your child will begin making friends while learning something new! As they grow into the 3-5 age group, Maryland-area kids can continue with our acrobatics and floor tumbling classes in KinderDanz.
Twinkle Toes and Tutus
In this pre-ballet/creative movement class, children are guided into the very beginning stages of ballet movements. Dancing for fun is emphasized here, in a positive, encouraging, and friendly style. Before they can understand ballet terms, kids can catch the spirit of dance artistry through imitation and encouragement.
Experienced teachers help your toddler begin pre-ballet movements that help to develop basic coordination and strengthen little bodies! In this class, tots get comfortable with social interaction and begin building a solid sense of balance and confidence. Later, your child can continue in our ballet for 3-year-olds or take tap dance classes.
Advantages of Totz Town Kids Dance Classes
Just some of the benefits your toddler will enjoy with Tumble Totz or Twinkle Toes and Tutus:
- Skilled Instruction: At Dance Makers, Inc., our floor tumbling and toddler ballet instructors excel at working with this age group. We create a positive, safe space for little ones to discover tumbling, dance, and movement basics.
- Enthusiastic Support: Toddlers get encouragement and positive reinforcement as they mimic natural tumbling movements and learn dance postures that are matched to their early level of development and high energy level—with the emphasis on FUN!
- Blooming Confidence: Mastery of the simplest creative movements in an uplifting environment helps toddlers build self-esteem.
- Building Connections: Social ease comes from these early experiences of group activity in toddler tumbling and ballet classes. While toddlers are learning dance, and having fun, they’re also bonding and enjoying the first inklings of teamwork.
- Healthy Habits: Physical activity is essential to strengthening and developing the body and mind. Toddlers who build the habit of exercise in this positive, fun way at a young age are likely to continue throughout their lives.
At our dance school in Lanham, MD, we teach toddlers from throughout Prince George’s County, Baltimore, and DC. Fill out our contact form to learn more about toddler dance classes or call (301) 731-0003 today!
Schedule a Trial Class Today!
Make an appointment for you and your tiny dancer to come by and check us out. Observe a class, speak with our instructors, and tour our studios. We think Dance Makers’ Totz Town class is the ideal introduction to music, movement, and fun for your energetic toddler. Contact us today.